Fort Armistead Park is located in the Hawkings Point area of Baltimore, Maryland and was built from 1897 to 1901 as part of the Endicott Program. The fort had four gun batteries and was part of United States Army costal defense active from 1901 to 1920 defending Baltimore. The fort was named after George Armistead. During WW2 the site was used by the Navy to store ammunition and from 1952 to 1954 had a four gun 90mm anti-aircraft battery stationed there.

 

                   

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

error: Content is protected !!